Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 10) And the New Clients, They Just Keep on Coming!

This will be a short post as I'm swamped with work both personal and professional.

My cold calling this week was, frankly, piss poor. A total of...

...drumroll....

12.

I hang my head in shame.

But, of the two calls I made today (I may make more later), both have become HOT prospects. Both individuals with whom I spoke were happy to speak to me and very encouraging.

In addition, one of my cold calls of last week has become a bona fide client.

In fact, I think he has the chance of becoming one of my all-time favorite clients because he told me he thought the fee for my blog post was...

...wait for it....

Too low!

So I will be charging him more (happily so) and he will (I'm assuming happily so because he said he would) pay it.

Have more work to do and possibly some more cold calls. Just wanted to update The Tally and do a teeny bit of crowing.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Jean; keep it up. The main thing is you're doing SOMETHING. And look at your progress; you went from "needing" clients just over a week ago to HAVING clients. All because you picked up the phone.

    I'm proud of you -- and inspired -- by your success.

    Keep up the great work.

    Yuwanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yuwanda. If I could get one new client a week from just 12 cold calls a week, wouldn't that be something...;-)

      The calling is very enjoyable. I'd say 99 percent of folks are pleasant and some very chatty and almost thrilled to talk. More writers should pick up the phone. The ROI so far is little short of amazing!

      Jean

      Delete